Role of laparoscopy in the diagnosis of distant metastasis cervical cancer
N.N. Petrov Research Institute of Oncology
A prospective study to optimize the staging of cervical cancer Ib1 - IIIb stages. Analyzed 48 clinical cases of patients with locally - advanced cancer of the cervix, which before the combined treatment paraaortic lymphadenectomy was performed through laparoscopy with subsequent histological examination of surgical specimens. At the preoperative stage, to identify distant metastasis in para-aortic lymph nodes, patients were examined by various methods of radiation diagnosis. The sensitivity of MRI was 75%, specificity 79%, sensitivity and specificity of ultrasonography - 75% and 93%, respectively. The positive predictive value of the test was 25% MRI, ultrasound - 50%. Performing paraaortic lymphadenectomy with the greatest possible to individualize treatment policy and, as a consequence, to improve the results of combined treatment of patients with locally - common forms of cervical cancer. The use of laparoscopic approach, given the short period of rehabilitation, has not led to the postponement of chemoradiotherapy.
1. Maksimov S.Ya.i dr. Laparoskopicheskaya diagnostika, kak I etap v lechenii bolnih mestno - rasprostranennim rakom sheiki matki / S.Ya.Maksimov, M.V.Kargopolova, I.V.Berlev i dr.// Materiali VII sezda onkologov i radiologov stran SNG. Respyblika Kazahstan, Astana, 5-7 sentyabrya 2012g.- Astana; 2012. – S. 354-355.
3. Farting A. Conserving fertility in the management of gynaecological cancers / A. Farting // BJOG: Int. J. Obstet. And Gynaecol. – 2006. Vol. 113, № 2 – P. 129-134.
4. Jiang Yan-Ming. Disi junyi daxue xuebao / Jiang Yan-Ming, Li Li, Yang Lan // J.Forth Milit.Med. Univ. – 2008. Vol. 29, № 18 – P. 1700-1702.
5. Ma Y. Evaluation of CT scanning in detecting pelvic lymph node metastasis in uterine cervix carcinoma / Y. Ma, P. Bai, JR Dai, WH Zhang, Z.Zhu // Zhonghua Fu Chan Ke Za Zhi. – 2009. Vol. 44, № 6 – P. 422-5.
6. Meng Yuan-guang. Shengwu yixue gongcheng yu linchuang / Meng Yuan-guang, Song Lei, Li Ya-li et al. // Biomed. Eng. and Clin. Med. - 2007. Vol. 11, № 3 - P. 196-199.
7. Pahisa J. Laparoscopic ovarian transposition in patients with early cervical cancer /J.S. Pahisa, Martínez-Romín, M.A. Martínez-Zamora et al.// Int. J. Gynecol. Cancer. – 2008. Vol. 18, № 3 – P. 584-589.
8. Powell Ned G. The risk of cervical cancer associated with specific types of human papillomavirus: A case-control study in a UK population / Ned G. Powell, Sam J. Hibbitts, Adam M. Boyde, Robert G. Newcombe et al. // Int. J. Cancer. - 2011, Vol. 128, № 7 – P.1676-1682.
9. Wrba F. Oncological surgery and standards in surgical pathology / F. Wrba // Eur. Surg. - 2006, Vol. 38, № 1 – P.38-40.