A method of urinary uranium determination based on sector field inductively coupled plasma mass spectrometry (SF-ICP-MS) has been suggested. For U determination in urine, the necessity of microwave sample digestion was shown. Analytical parameters were optimized, for both sample pretreatment and SF-ICP-MS detection. After the fulfillment of optimization stage, analytical figures of merit were estimated. The linear regression coefficient of the resulting calibration curve (concentration range of 0.01 to 10 μg / L) was found to be 0.998. Detection limit (3σ, n = 9) was 2 ng/l. The accuracy of the results was validated by analyzing the reference material Seronorm™ Trace Elements Urine and spiked urine samples for the validation in the whole dynamic range. For uranium concentration range of 0.01 to 1 mg/l, relative standard deviation (R.S.D.) ranged from 5 to 10%. For concentrations above 1 mg / l , R.S.D. did not exceed 2-3%. Preclinical studies of pharmaceuticals were carried out using the designed method. The efficiency of uranium eliminating therapy was evaluated on the basis of urinary uranium measurement in outbred male rats.
3. Public health goal for uranium in drinking water // California Enviromental Protection Agency, 2001. – 30 P.
4. Taylor D.M., Taylor S.K. Environmental uranium and human health // Rev. Environm. Health. 1997. – Vol. 12. – P. 147-157.
5. Uranium and human biomonitoring // Opinion of the human biomonitoring commission of the german federal environment agency, Gesundheitsschutz, 2005. – Vol. 7. – P. 822-827.
6. Snyder W.S., Cook M.J. Report of task group on reference man, Publication 23 // International Commission on Radiology Protection, Oxford, 1975.
7. Roth P., Werner E., Paretzke H.G., A study of uranium excreted in urine, research report // Federal Ministry of Defense, Neuherberg, 2001. – 36 P.
8. Stolarz A., Alonso A., De Bolle W., Kuhn H., Richter S. , Quetel C., Ponzevera E., Verbruggen A., Wellum R. Preparation of simulated urine samples containing certified uranium for the NUSIMEP 4 campaign // Joint Research Centre. Belgium, 2005. – 6 P.
9. Kressin I.K. Spectrophotometric method for the determination of uranium in urine // Anal. Chem. – 1984. – Vol. 56. – P. 2269-2271.
10. Nakashima T., Yoshimura K, Taketatsu T. Determination of Uranium (vi) in seawater by ionexchanger phase absorptiometry with Arsenazo III // Talanta. – 1992. – Vol. 39. – P. 523.
11. Centanni E A., Ross A. M., DeSesa M. A, Fluorometric determination of uranium // Anal. Chem. – 1956. – Vol. 28. – P. 1651.
12. Moore L. L., Williams R. L. A rapid method for determining nanogram quantities of uranium in urine using the kinetic phosphorescence analyzer // J. Radioanal. Nucl. Ch. – 1992. – Vol. 156. – P. 223-227.
13. Harley J. H. Radiochemical determination of isotopic uranium, method EU-04 // New York: Environmental Measurements Laboratory, 1979. – 27 p.
14. Ide H.M., Moss W.D. ,Minor M.M., Campbell E.E. Analysis of uranium in urine by delayed neutrons // Health Physics. – 1979. – Vol. 37. – P. 405-409.
15. Bogard J. S. Review of uranium bioassay techniques // OAK ridge national laboratory. Tennessee, 1996. – 21 p.
16. Uranium in Urine: Quantification and isotope ratio determination // Thermo Fisher Scientific, Application Note 30008. – 2007. – 4 p.